Friday, December 26, 2008

Brooke's Christmas Musings

It's the day after Christmas & we're still trying to dig ourselves out of the clutter! Because of the holiday, the trash man will come a day later this week which does not help matters.

Today I was reading a book in the family room and from the kitchen I heard a mournful sound coming from our 7-year-old, Cameron. "Ohhh, I am SO tired of CANDY!" (As I type this I still laugh.) He had me rolling and he didn't understand why. Like all children who love to be the twinkle in their parents' eye he promptly sat down by me on the couch and watched me expectantly, repeating his line over and over with his big (front-)toothless smile.

Along those lines, for those of you who were curious, Cam did *not* get his two front teeth for Christmas, even though we sang and laughed through that song a lot. A little white poking through on one side is promising, however!

A fun memory from Christmas day: Santa brought Taylor a new bike - which of course thrilled her little girl heart. It had all the tassles and the trimmings and the sparkles. You get the idea. She immediately got a crayon and marked her territory. Her name - in red - on the white seat. In her short few years in a home where she is surrounded by boys she has learned to protect her interests. Bravo, Sis!

I hope the holiday warmed your hearts as it did ours. Merry Christmas!

~B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas! I LOVE that Taylor marked her new bike. I have a feeling that she's going to be a tough little thing. =) Awesome.