Sunday, April 5, 2009

Long over due update!

I am not sure why I have not updated but I am sure I can come up with some reasons. It is now the first week in April and I have been gone since the 12th of March. Here goes a run down on life.

Brooke and I are alive and well, most of our little ones are now sick after a spring break in Utah. I went to Lake Tahoe for a conference and had a great time. I was very disipointed from a work aspect to not get some things done that needed to be done. I don't think I will be going again to grow business. The great time I did have was spending time with the people we had met there last year. Due to my high interest in DJ work, lights and music several of us went around to different clubs in the Tahoe area and I have to say was most impressed with a club in the south shore area where the venue was HUGE. I think it could have been better with a better DJ, I have been around to alot of clubs and that DJ sucked.

When we arrived at the club it was raining. When we left it was a blizzard. We alomost had to stay in south shore but I was driving and I will not be stopped by a little blizzard! Later inthe week I found out that some other people from the confernece got stuck and slept in cars down there:(

While I was gone, Tyler took on Track and Field at school. He will be doing Sprint, Long Jump and Relay. He will be taller than me by the end of summer. Conner is stilll doing piano and other various Conner activities.

I spent the last day in Tahoe, sking with my buddy Howards from LA. Skiing in Tahoe was a beautiful experience. Clear blue sky, freash powder, good music and good company! I had one fight with the hill, it won. I then packed up after skiing and drove to Utah where I stayed the night and chased the blizzard that hit Tahoe. I got home, slept in my bed 2 times and got up the second morning and drove to UTAH again.

We got into Cove and made great time, our little ones are great travelers. Grandpas house was very cold since they do not stay there all the time. getting into bed was a little brisk to say the least. We just hung out for a few days and watched the snow fall. It would fall, melt and fall again.
We took a trip to get a box of "FatBoy" ice cream rejects, they were inhaled by the boys. We packed up again and headed to Pleasant Grove where we spent the week.

We went to Thanksgiving point where my thin pocket book was drained by a silly dino park. I dont think we will be going back for that anytime soon. I did enjoy the fish tank at Cabelas. Pierson LOVED IT. We were able to meet up with a old Sunday school student of mine that lives in Lehi.

We made a trip to Temple square and ran into the Briigs from Church. Kinda funny where you find people. We got Conner a new set of leather scriptures and gave them to him for turning 12, this July, happy early birthday!

We stayed for Brookes sister Brittanys BDAY on Friday. I am debating on brining up a subject might get edited. For some reason, the Seely girls are very sensitive to others and don't want to hurt feelings and it effects making a decission. Us guys 2 of which are cops, make decissions and were ready to roll. So the decission was made early in the week to go to the Myan resturaunt. When it came time to go, it was back on the table not to go. We had 25 people going and that within its self is crazy. So I walk into the kitchen, " what do you think Trent" lets go!!!!!
Best move I made all week! I am not one for bad food and fun entertainment but that was a great time for all of us to hang out. For me it was one of the better times of the week.

That is about it. We drove home on I70 since I80 was closed. Made it on Dry raod 99% of the way. Got home to a safe house and gratful for a home and family. Back to school tomorrow!

No comments: