Friday, November 28, 2008

Teeth and Turkey

The last week has been a very interesting week, involving pain, turkey, xbox,fixing the wii, and putting the finishing touches on the decorations.




For the last 2 years I have had a little pain in one of my teeth. I would bit just right and it got my attention and it hurt. I have a friend I have known since we were 5 or so who does root canals. So I went up to his office a few weeks ago and he took a look at it. He found a crack in my #19 tooth, bottom back left side. He thought a crown would work, but the pain was coming from the tooth in front of it.




I went around for another few weeks and could not take the pain anymore and set up the work for the day before Thanksgiving. I have to say, when you hear of this you only hear horror stories. The worst part was the 5 ' long needle to numb my tooth. The Doc thought I has going to rip my own hands apart. I had some discomfort during the whole thing, but I have to say, it was better than ANY other thing I have had done.




So his assistant is a good friend of mine, and I have known Scott for all my life so during it, we all got to laughing and He stopped and I was crying trying to hold the glasses on my face. Who would have thought you could have so much fun. I had a little pain during the night but nothing much, less than what I was having before.




I ate yesterday and never once felt the pain, not even sore.




Now...




On the day I had my tooth done, Cameron had one front tooth hanging my a thread, so I helped get that one, then yesterday morning, I looked at the other one and it was just as loose. But around here....Dad cannot pull teeth since it was a bad experience for someone else...So I told Cam just to pull it out...and he did!


So all he wants for christmas is his 2 front teeth!


Oh and here is a pic of his new glasses. I can't remember if I posted them or not.


We had 18 people over for Thanksgiving dinner!!!


It was fun, I had all the house done up with the trees and decorations. We set up some other tables and I made white chocolate pretzels, yummy warms drinks, and Rachelle made her shrimp dip. It was so yummy.

I did the Turkey, I was going to do it int he Dutch Oven, but Dad did not want it done that way, so I did it in the bag int he oven. I took onions, POtayTOES, apples, oranges and pineapples and put them in, on and around the turkey. I covered it with salt and pepper and LOTS of butter. cooked in a bag for 3.5 hours and it was the best turkey I have had. I think the timing was just right. I have decided I will be getting the stuff to deep fry one.


We had lots of left overs for eveyone.


It is always funny to bust on who ever needs it and there was alot of laughs, I said the prayer for dinner and Mike busted a picture during it and almost brought the place down with giggles. Nichole was shooting up afrin and Rachelle had Vicks at the table, Travis had a bad hair cut and....well never mind.


It was fun to have the little ones at their own table
And that is that.

No comments: