Sunday, June 15, 2008

A quiet night in Golden Colorado




Most know that I am a Reserve Officer with the City of Golden Police Department. Golden has been my home away from home and I love working with the Department and helping out. We were in briefing and the day guys were wrapping up reports when dispatch aired a "child in the creek" right behind our PD. We all ran out the door and I got the throw rope bag and made a mad dash east, since the "creek" runs east. The "creek" is really full and moving fast this time of year and is very popular with the community. The City has really made it nice to walk on the paths. We had over 100 people in the path area and park.

When I ran up on scene, I saw a woman getting out of the creek and 3 adult men in the water and a child caught in the white water and going up and down in and out of the water. I threw out the rope bag and one of the men got the rope and the child and we pulled him out of the middle and they got stuck. So into the water I went and got the child and the men were then able to get out. I won't go into all the detail but we got the boy out and all the people got out. Job well done and I was a bit wet!

We ended up assisting Jeffco with shutting down W/B I-70 and other cops stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! What an exciting career =) Glad you're all ok