Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ben Delatour Scout Camp 2008

I went with Tyler to Scout Camp this past week and had some good laughs. I just about got myself kicked out of camp for a little situation with some young men that wanted to have a disagreement with me over carving some wood with my knife. They needed a little attitude adjustment and they were caught off gaurd that I stood my ground with their "Billy Bad *@#" attitudes.

Tyler was able to get his canoeing and leather working merit badges. He got class time for rifle and still needs to shoot some targets. We got rained on a little and walked......A LOT.

I left for one night and came home and went back. The next day Tyler and I had bought some boondoggles and were making them. I left camp and returned to find Tyler walking away from camp covered in dust and dirt. He told me he had stood up, stretched, passed out and hit his head. So I got him some Gatorade and took him to see the medic. He had a low pulse o2 reading, but after some more fluids and tilt testing, the reading came back up and off we went.

Later that night he was the only one to get mail and got a new fanny pack/day pack from his parents. He will get his Star rank in July and then we are on the count down until he can get his Eagle.

TJ

2 comments:

Corinn and Trent Seely said...

"Hey, there is a guy carving something with a big knife. I bet we can take him." SMART

Is that a kid bed Tyler is crashed out on or is Tyler 6 foot something?

Take care Johns, oh and happy late Bday T.

Trent said...

nah...he's just 5'6"!!!

~B